Available until December 14, 2018
Speaker: Mary Ann Rocco, EA, MSPA, Owner and Third-Party Consulting Actuary, Mary Ann Rocco
IRS Program Number: CZTXU-Q-00790-17-O
This webcast will unravel the mystery of calculating RMDs for defined benefit plans, including cash balance plans. The elimination of the ‘DC Account Balance Method” for defined benefit plans in 2006 created some confusion in the small plan actuarial community that seems to linger to this day. We will address the most important issues by going through specific and detailed calculations, using real-life situations, while addressing the black and white with the gray.
1. Compare the impact of the different annuity options available for DB RMDs
2. Examine why a Life or J&S annuity may not be the best practice
3. Consider how the elected RMD annuity impacts the calculation of funding target and address how it might interface with your valuation software
4. Address the different issues that may occur when the plan is terminating, including how to convert an RMD annuity back to a lump sum
CE Credit: 2 ARA, 2 ERPA, 2 JBEA Core
About the Speaker
Mary Ann Rocco started her actuarial consulting firm in 1987 in Huntington Beach, CA. Her firm provides outsourced actuarial services to pension administration firms. Her specific focus is on designing both traditional and cash-balance combination plans intended to maximize benefits for small business owners. Mary Ann was elected to the ACOPA board of directors in 2006, and served as its president in the 2009-2010 year. She is currently involved with the ACOPA Government Affairs Committee, and speaks at various conferences throughout the country.
|ASPPA/ACOPA Member: $115
||ASPPA/ACOPA Member: $45
Registration for on-demand recorded webcast includes unlimited viewing of the webcast recording to play any time before the one-year expiration date, webcast outline, and any additional presentation materials. Recordings are available one week after the live webcast takes place.
Webcast Package Pricing:
Please click here for information on package pricing for classroom style webcasts and web-course viewing. For more details on additional training package offerings, please contact email@example.com.
Methods of Registration:
To prevent duplication of payment, please select only one method of registration. Once your registration is processed, you will receive an electronic registration confirmation to the email address listed on your registration form.
- Download a registration form.
- Online: For credit card payment only. Receive an immediate email Registration Confirmation.
- Email your scanned registration form(s) and credit card information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax your scanned registration form(s) and credit card information to 703-516-9308.
- Mail: American Retirement Association, PO Box 34725, Alexandria, VA 22334-0725
For express/overnight deliveries (FedEx/DHL, etc.), send to: American Retirement Association, 4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 750, Arlington, VA 22203
Make checks payable to the American Retirement Association.
All webcasts are non-refundable. If you have registered for the live webcast and are unable to attend, please email email@example.com and request to transfer your registration to the recorded version. This request must be made before the live webcast takes place.
Statements and materials presented on American Retirement Association webcasts are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinion or the position of the American Retirement Association. The American Retirement Association assumes no responsibility for the content and materials presented by speakers during the webcast.
Registration and General Questions
American Retirement Association Customer Support