ASPPA Eastern Regional Conference To Be Held Apr. 26-27 in Philadelphia
The 2018 Eastern Regional Conference will be held at the Doubletree Center City Hotel in Philadelphia on Thursday, April 26 and Friday, April 27. One of only two live regional conferences to be sponsored by ASPPA in 2018, the Eastern Regional Conference has been designed to educate retirement plan practitioners of all types and levels of experience on the latest developments in our industry, including the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on qualified retirement plans.
The lineup of notable speakers includes Craig Hoffman, Don Kieffer of the IRS, ASPPA President-Elect Jim Nolan, Kevin Donovan, Ilene Ferenczy, Bob Kaplan, David Powell, John Vitucci, Matthew Whitehorn, Peter Gulia, Maria Hurd and Andrew Dugery.
There will be general sessions covering the latest developments in Washington, at the IRS and the Department of Labor, as well as an “Ask the Experts” session and a two-CE-credit Ethics session.
Breakout workshop sessions will cover:
- Advanced 401(k) Plan Design
- What TPAs Can Learn from ERISA Litigation
- Correcting 401(k) and 403(b) Errors
- Employees, Quasi-Employees and Non-Employees
- How the Fiduciary Rule Has Changed Retirement Services
- Retirement Plan Eligibility, Suitability, and Tax Issues for People Who Live or Work beyond the United States
- How Investment Advisors, Auditors and TPAs Can Work Better Together
Registration material can be found here
and hotel reservations may be made here
. The Early Registration discount ends on March 23, and the hotel room block ends on March 28. Because the conference coincides with the Penn Relays, Philly Tech Week and Philadelphia Black Pride, hotel rooms are going quickly. Don’t hesitate; sign up now. Kenneth Marblestone, Esq. is a partner in MandMarblestone Group LLC.