ASPPA Webcast: Eligible Employees in Light of a Plan’s Excluded Classes
Available Until February 15, 2019
Speaker: William C. Grossman, ERPA, QPA
Experience Level for Attendees: All
IRS Program Number: CZTXU-Q-00849-18-O
Webcast Outline: Click Here
This webcast will provide an overview of the different acceptable statutory and non-discriminatory classification exclusions. Starting with the statutory exclusions, we will progress to non-discriminatory classifications based on job description, geographic location, hourly versus salaried, etc. Employee exclusions in a safe harbor 401(k), a QACA, and a 403(b) will be addressed. The impact on eligibility of a MEP or a controlled group will also be discussed. Lastly, the change of the status of an employee and a change in a rehire’s classification when rehired will be covered. The impact of the plan document’s provisions will be referred to throughout, including IRS QAB 2006-03.
1. Determine the concepts for acceptable classification group exclusions
2. Be advised of the impact of a change in an employee’s, or a rehire’s, classification to (or from) an excluded group
3. Differentiate between 403(b) exclusions for deferrals and the exclusions for 403(b) employer contributions
CE Credit: 2 ARA, 2 ERPA, 2 JBEA Noncore
About the Speaker:
Bill Grossman is a retirement plan speaker and writer, known for speaking on a wide variety of retirement plan topics at ASPPA and NIPA conferences and webcasts. Bill has designed and delivered programs that help a company maintain compliance, such as 401(k), 403(b), 457(b), Roth, MEP, and most defined contribution plan programs. He is known for making complex subjects easy to understand, such as testing and required minimum distributions. Bill has been published in The ASPPA Journal and Plan Consultant, and has been co-chair of the ASPPA Annual Conference, the ASPPA Journal, and the ERPA Conference. He has served on the ASPPA asap Committee and currently serves on the ASPPA GAC IRS committee.
|ASPPA Member: $115
||ASPPA Member: $45
Registration for on-demand recorded webcast includes unlimited viewing of the webcast recording to play any time before the one-year expiration date, webcast outline, and any additional presentation materials. Recordings are available one week after the live webcast takes place.
Webcast Package Pricing:
Please click here for information on package pricing for classroom style webcasts and web-course viewing. For more details on additional training package offerings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Methods of Registration:
To prevent duplication of payment, please select only one method of registration. Once your registration is processed, you will receive an electronic registration confirmation to the e-mail address listed on your registration form.
- Click here to download a registration form.
- Online: For credit card payment only. Receive an immediate e-mail Registration Confirmation.
- E-mail: E-mail your scanned registration form(s) and credit card information to email@example.com.
- Fax: Fax your scanned registration form(s) and credit card information to 703-516-9308.
- Mail: American Retirement Association, PO Box 34725, Alexandria, VA 22334-0725 For express/overnight deliveries (FedEx/DHL, etc., send to: American Retirement Association, 4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 750, Arlington, VA 22203
Make checks payable to the American Retirement Association
All webcasts are non-refundable. If you have registered for the live webcast and are unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to transfer your registration to the recorded version. This request must be made before the live webcast takes place.
Statements and materials presented on American Retirement Association webcasts are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinion or the position of the American Retirement Association. The American Retirement Association assumes no responsibility for the content and materials presented by speakers during the webcast.
Registration and General Questions
American Retirement Association Customer Support