ASPPA Webcast: International Employees and Employers: Retirement Plan Issues
Thursday, April 26, 2018
2:00 - 3:40 p.m. ET
Speaker: Virginia K. Sutton, QKA, QPFC, Consultant Account Executive, VKS Consulting, Johnson & Dugan
Experience Level for Attendees: Intermediate
IRS Program Number: CZTXU-Q-00852-18-O
Webcast Outline: Coming Soon.
This webcast will detail the myriad of issues that arise when an international employer sponsors a retirement plan and when there are international employees participating in a retirement plan. Do you know what laws even apply? This webcast will help you navigate the laws, treaties, tax codes, and other areas of guidance.
1. Discern the laws that apply to international employees and employers and how they may be different from laws for U.S.-based employers and employees
2. Be prepared for taxation issues that may arise, especially in light of recent tax reform
3. Evaluate common plan document issues that need to be addressed
CE Credit: 2 ARA, 2 ERPA, 2 JBEA Noncore
About the Speaker:
Specializing in 401(k) defined contribution plans, Virginia Sutton helps clients regarding all phases of their qualified retirement programs, including plan design, investment selection and review, compliance, vendor assessment, plan conversions, employee education, and mergers and acquisitions. She is a member at large of the ARA Board of Directors, and was named one of the Top Women Advisors by NAPA, for 2015 and 2017. Virginia is past chair of ASPPA’s Participant Communication Task Force and 401(k) Plans Subcommittee, and has been a DOL subcommittee member. She was invited by and has worked with the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the Department of Labor to provide input and education for officials regarding fees, disclosure standards, and pricing practices in qualified plans. Virginia has her own firm, VKS Consulting, is an Account Executive for Johnson & Dugan Insurance Service Corporation, and is an investment advisory representative of Global Retirement Partners.
|ASPPA Member: $115
||ASPPA Member: $45
Registration for on-demand recorded webcast includes unlimited viewing of the webcast recording to play any time before the one-year expiration date, webcast outline, and any additional presentation materials. Recordings are available one week after the live webcast takes place.
Webcast Package Pricing:
Please click here for information on package pricing for classroom style webcasts and web-course viewing. For more details on additional training package offerings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Methods of Registration:
To prevent duplication of payment, please select only one method of registration. Once your registration is processed, you will receive an electronic registration confirmation to the e-mail address listed on your registration form.
- Click here to download a registration form.
- Online: For credit card payment only. Receive an immediate e-mail Registration Confirmation.
- E-mail: E-mail your scanned registration form(s) and credit card information to email@example.com.
- Fax: Fax your scanned registration form(s) and credit card information to 703-516-9308.
- Mail: American Retirement Association, PO Box 34725, Alexandria, VA 22334-0725; For express/overnight deliveries (FedEx/DHL, etc.), send to: American Retirement Association, 4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 750, Arlington, VA 22203
Make checks payable to the American Retirement Association
All webcasts are non-refundable. If you have registered for the live webcast and are unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to transfer your registration to the recorded version. This request must be made before the live webcast takes place.
Statements and materials presented on American Retirement Association webcasts are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinion or the position of the American Retirement Association. The American Retirement Association assumes no responsibility for the content and materials presented by speakers during the webcast.
Registration and General Questions
American Retirement Association Customer Support