ASPPA Webcast: Form 5500 Update 2017
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
2:00 - 3:40 p.m. ET
Speaker: S. Derrin Watson, Esq., APM, Law Offices of S. Derrin Watson
Experience Level for Attendees: Intermediate
IRS Program Number: CZTXU-Q-00874-18-O
Webcast Outline: Coming Soon.
Form 5500 is continually changing and 2017 is no exception. The compliance questions are gone, and there are subtle changes in the forms and instructions. We will keep you abreast of what’s happening and what’s on the horizon, as the EBSA looks to its modernization proposal under new leadership.
1. Correctly complete Forms 5500, 5500-SF, 5500-EZ, and 8955-SA, including recent changes
2. List some of the major changes in the modernization proposal
3. Avoid common filing mistakes
CE Credit: 2 ARA, 2 ERPA, 2 JBEA Noncore
About the Speaker:
S. Derrin Watson, J.D., is a pension attorney and educator who consults, speaks, and writes about a variety of pension topics, including 401(k), 403(b), 457, and 409A plans; and Form 5500 issues. He has been involved with qualified plans since 1977 and had his first case involving controlled groups shortly thereafter. Derrin has maintained a strong interest in this area ever since and has become the leading authority on controlled group, affiliated service group, and leased employee issues. He recently released the 7th edition of his book, Who’s the Employer: A Guide to Employer and Aggregation Issues Affecting Qualified Plans, and was a presenter at the 2017 ASPPA Winter Virtual Conference.
|ASPPA Member: $115
||ASPPA Member: $45
Registration for on-demand recorded webcast includes unlimited viewing of the webcast recording to play any time before the one-year expiration date, webcast outline, and any additional presentation materials. Recordings are available one week after the live webcast takes place.
Webcast Package Pricing:
Please click here for information on package pricing for classroom style webcasts and web-course viewing. For more details on additional training package offerings, please contact email@example.com
Methods of Registration:
To prevent duplication of payment, please select only one method of registration. Once your registration is processed, you will receive an electronic registration confirmation to the e-mail address listed on your registration form.
- Click here to download a registration form.
- Online: For credit card payment only. Receive an immediate e-mail Registration Confirmation.
- E-mail: E-mail your scanned registration form(s) and credit card information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax: Fax your scanned registration form(s) and credit card information to 703-516-9308.
- Mail: American Retirement Association, PO Box 34725, Alexandria, VA 22334-0725; For express/overnight deliveries (FedEx/DHL, etc.), send to: American Retirement Association, 4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 750, Arlington, VA 22203
Make checks payable to the American Retirement Association
All webcasts are non-refundable. If you have registered for the live webcast and are unable to attend, please email email@example.com and request to transfer your registration to the recorded version. This request must be made before the live webcast takes place.
Statements and materials presented on American Retirement Association webcasts are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinion or the position of the American Retirement Association. The American Retirement Association assumes no responsibility for the content and materials presented by speakers during the webcast.
Registration and General Questions
American Retirement Association Customer Support