ACOPA Webcast: A Deep Dive Into the TCJA of 2017 and Its Impact on Qualified Plans
Available until May 16, 2019
Speaker: Kevin J. Donovan, CPA, EA, FSPA, FCA, President, Pinnacle Plan Design, LLC
Experience Level for Attendees: Intermediate
IRS Program Number: CZTXU-Q-00895-18-O
This webcast explores the new QBI deduction for pass-through entities, and how it impacts the employer’s qualified plan decisions. Other aspects to the TJCA of 2017 covered include: the new Section 199A; entity choice; and reasonable compensation, particularly in S Corporations.
1. The definition of qualified business income and how to compute the deduction under new Section 199A
2. The impact, if any, the new deduction have on the tax savings for retirement plan contributions
3. How some taxpayers receive more than a dollar-for-dollar deduction for retirement plan contributions
4. Will the new law have an impact on entity choice and will that impact retirement plan decisions?
5. A close look at reasonable compensation, particularly in S Corporations
CE Credit: 2 ARA, 2 ERPA, 2 JBEA Noncore
About the Speaker
Kevin Donovan is the managing member and founder of Pinnacle Plan Design, LLC, a third-party administrator for employer-sponsored qualified retirement plans. Kevin specializes in designing defined benefit retirement plans to maximize the benefits for business owners and principals. He is co-author of the 2018 Defined Benefit Answer Book, published by Wolters Kluwer. In 2015, he received ASPPA’s Educator’s Award in recognition of his contributions to retirement plan education. Kevin is a founding member of ACOPA and has served on the ASPPA Board of Directors as well as the Government Affairs Committee (GAC).
|ASPPA/ACOPA Member: $115
||ASPPA/ACOPA Member: $45
Registration for on-demand recorded webcast includes unlimited viewing of the webcast recording to play any time before the one-year expiration date, webcast outline, and any additional presentation materials. Recordings are available one week after the live webcast takes place.
Webcast Package Pricing:
Please click here for information on package pricing for classroom style webcasts and web-course viewing. For more details on additional training package offerings, please contact email@example.com.
Methods of Registration:
To prevent duplication of payment, please select only one method of registration. Once your registration is processed, you will receive an electronic registration confirmation to the email address listed on your registration form.
- Download a registration form.
- Online: For credit card payment only. Receive an immediate email Registration Confirmation.
- Email your scanned registration form(s) and credit card information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax your scanned registration form(s) and credit card information to 703-516-9308.
- Mail: American Retirement Association, PO Box 34725, Alexandria, VA 22334-0725
For express/overnight deliveries (FedEx/DHL, etc.), send to: American Retirement Association, 4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 750, Arlington, VA 22203
Make checks payable to the American Retirement Association.
All webcasts are non-refundable. If you have registered for the live webcast and are unable to attend, please email email@example.com and request to transfer your registration to the recorded version. This request must be made before the live webcast takes place.
Statements and materials presented on American Retirement Association webcasts are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinion or the position of the American Retirement Association. The American Retirement Association assumes no responsibility for the content and materials presented by speakers during the webcast.
Registration and General Questions
American Retirement Association Customer Support