Available until January 16, 2020
Speaker: JJ McKinney, CPC, QPA, QKA, ERPA, Vice President, Retirement Strategies, Inc.
Experience Level for Attendees: Intermediate
IRS Program Number: CZTXU-Q-00981-18-O
Two words often strike fear into the minds of 401(k) plan administrators: defined benefit. First, you know more than you realize about these thought-to-be-antiquated gentle giants. Second, we will explain a few essential concepts to help you get comfy with the unknown. Third, their nimble cousin, cash balance, continues to grow in popularity and plays very well with your 401(k) plan. Join us for a fun, fast discussion on key concepts, similarities, differences and questions.
1. Engage your knowledge of qualified plans to bridge defined contribution plan knowledge to defined benefit plans
2. Identify defined benefit specific concepts, characteristics and terminology for key triggers
3. Explore how cash balance plans work with profit-sharing plans to enhance benefits to owners and frankly, all participants
4. Address frequently asked questions and answer in terms that plan sponsors comprehend
CE Credit: 2 ASPPA, 2 NAPA, 2 NTSA, 2 ERPA, 1 JBEA Noncore/Core
About the Speaker
JJ McKinney is Vice President with Retirement Strategies, Inc., an Ascensus Company. He has a passion for the pension industry with hopes to mentor and build future pension consultants to ultimately help Americans prepare for retirement. JJ loves seeing pension professionals “eat their own cooking” and retire, since we give our professional energies to helping others do the same. He was recently elected as an at-large member of the ASPPA Leadership Council.
|ASPPA Member: $119
||ASPPA Member: $49
Registration for on-demand recorded webcasts includes unlimited viewing before the one-year expiration date, webcast outline and any additional presentation materials. Recordings are available one week after the live webcast takes place.
Webcast Package Pricing:
Please click here for information on package pricing for classroom style webcasts and web-course viewing. For more details on additional training package offerings, please contact email@example.com.
Methods of Registration:
To prevent duplication of payment, please select only one method of registration. Once your registration is processed, you will receive an electronic registration confirmation to the email address listed on your registration form.
- Download a registration form.
- Online: For credit card payment only. Receive an immediate email Registration Confirmation.
- Email your scanned registration form(s) and credit card information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax your scanned registration form(s) and credit card information to 703-516-9308.
- Mail: American Retirement Association, PO Box 34725, Alexandria, VA 22334-0725
For express/overnight deliveries (FedEx/DHL, etc.), send to: American Retirement Association, 4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 750, Arlington, VA 22203
Make checks payable to the American Retirement Association.
All webcasts are non-refundable. If you have registered for the live webcast and are unable to attend, please email email@example.com and request to transfer your registration to the recorded version. This request must be made before the live webcast takes place.
Statements and materials presented on American Retirement Association webcasts are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinion or the position of the American Retirement Association. The American Retirement Association assumes no responsibility for the content and materials presented by speakers during the webcast.
Registration and General Questions
American Retirement Association Customer Support