The ASPPA College of Pension Actuaries (ACOPA) was formed in September 2008, when ASPPA and the College of Pension Actuaries (ACOPA) combined to form a semi-autonomous operating unit within ASPPA. ACOPA is the primary source of professional organizational support for pension actuaries, and is charged with carrying out ASPPA’s responsibilities as one of the recognized U.S.-based actuarial organizations. All credentialed actuarial members of ASPPA are members of ACOPA.
- Advance the knowledge of actuarial science as it relates to retirement and other employee benefit plans,
- Promote and maintain the highest professional and ethical standards among its members,
- Enable actuaries engaged in pension practice to discuss common issues,
- Promote the interchange of information among actuaries and the leadership of various actuarial organizations,
- Keep the public informed of the profession and of the responsibilities of the professional pension actuary in public practice,
- Promote the expansion of the private retirement system by educating governmental agencies and Congress on issues that affect the short and long range health of the private retirement system, and
- Promote the education and professional development of both pension actuaries and actuarial students.
703.516.9300 x 164